The Town of Surfside Higher Education Scholarship funds will be awarded to the successful student applications upon evidence of registration in an accredited post-secondary institution. The Town of Surfside would like to promote higher education by providing two $1,000 scholarships. The scholarships will be awarded to two deserving Town of Surfside graduating seniors interested in or intending to pursue post-high school course of study. Continuation of education must be at either college/university level or other post-secondary educational institution. The applicants will be selected by the Town of Surfside Scholarship Committee.
- Applicant must be a Surfside resident for at least 5 years.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award.
- Applicant must have a minimum graduation GPA of 3.0.
- Applicant must have a financial need for the scholarship.
- Applicant must demonstrate a positive-impact through community/civic involvement as determined through letters of recommendation and responses included in the application.
DEADLINE for all applications is Friday, April 27th, 2018 by 5:00p.m. NO EXCEPTIONS
Flyer and Scholarship Application