Just in time for hurricane season, Surfside is hosting its annual hazardous waste drop-off. Clean out your garage of hazardous waste on Saturday, May 15, 2021 at Town Hall from 9 am –12 pm.
We will be enforcing the following guidelines:
• Residents must stay in the car if driving up. If walking up to the event, residents must be wearing facial coverings.
• Waste needs to be in the trunk or back of a tailgate.
• All materials must be sealed tightly and properly to avoid any spills.
• All material that is loose (i.e. batteries) must be bagged.
• All bio-hazardous waste/medical waste (sharps) must be secured (capped and bagged).
• Electronic devices will be accepted.
Accepted: anti-freeze, household chemicals or fertilizers, propane tanks, paint and paint thinner, household pesticides, batteries, pool chemicals and used motor oil
Not Accepted: mercury thermostats/thermometers or devices/items containing mercury, medicine/pharmaceutical waste
Public Works staff reserves the right to refuse residents if the guidelines are not followed.
For ammunition and/or prescription drug drop-off, contact Surfside Police at (305) 861-4862.
For more information on the hazardous waste drop-off, contact Public Works at (305) 861-4863.