It is the mission of the Human Resources Office to provide effective human resources management by developing and implementing polices/procedures, programs and services to attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse workforce.
Services, Functions, and Activities:
The Human Resources element of the Executive Department is responsible for personnel
matters such as recruitment, employee relations, benefits, labor relations and risk management:
- Recruitment functions entails assisting all departments with recruitment efforts to fill vacant positions through advertising, screening applications/resumes, preparing interview questions, conducting background checks, and employee orientation.
- Employee relations functions associated with disciplinary actions are coordinated with the assistance of the Human Resources Director to ensure proper procedures and consistency with the process.
- Employee benefits involves assistance with retirement plans, health, dental and vision insurance, leave programs and holidays. Benefits may vary by collective bargaining agreement.
- Labor relations duties in assisting with contract negotiations between union representatives and management to assist employees and management to assist with conflict resolution.
- Risk management includes handling workers' compensation claims and compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).