It is the mission of the Human Resources Office to provide effective human resources management by developing and implementing polices/procedures, programs and services to attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse workforce. The Human Resource Office embraces diversity and inclusiveness as a core value.
Services, Functions, and Activities:
The Human Resources element of the Executive Department is responsible for personnel matters such as recruitment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, labor relations and risk management.
- Recruitment functions includes: assisting all departments with recruitment efforts to fill vacant positions through advertising, screening applications/resumes, preparing interview questions, conducting interviews, conducting background checks, selection and conducting initial orientation.
- Compensation function includes: preparation and maintenance of classification expectations, preparation and maintenance of job descriptions, maintaining personnel files to include payroll related forms such as Form W4, direct deposit, child support deductions, garnishments, union dues, and all other payroll changes.
- Employee relations functions includes: partnering with departments to provide guidance and consultation on human resources matters. Employee disciplinary actions are coordinated with the assistance of the Human Resources Director to ensure proper procedures and consistency with the process.
- Employee benefits function includes: providing assistance with retirement plans, health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance plans. Benefits may vary by collective bargaining agreement.
- Labor relations function includes: assisting with contract negotiations between union representatives and management; provide assistance to employees and management with conflict resolution.
- Risk management function includes: assisting with workers' compensation claims, compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Patient Protection, Affordable Care Act and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).