Under the supervision of the Public Works Director or designee, performs a variety of semi skilled maintenance, repair, or construction activities of routine difficulty in the Town's water distribution, storm water conveyance system and wastewater collection system. Work is assigned verbally and in writing. Work is reviewed through observation and written reports.
The preferred candidate must be able to:
1. Build concrete forms; pour concrete; lay culvert pipe; lay block; form slopes for culvert pipe; pour lintels for block walls; bend steel for concrete; remove and install pipe; dig trenches for pipe.
2. Help set up well point system; sets up and operate pumps, compressors and generators; assist in servicing pumps, motors, generators and associated utility operations equipment.
3. Build meter boxes; install and read meters; install fire hydrants; assist in water or wastewater line location; install water service for new homes and businesses; assist in repair of water line breaks and minor leaks in meters; respond to late night/weekend calls for turn-ons or emergency repairs.
4. Operate hand and power tools; operate tappers; drive trucks, tractors and rollers; operate sewer cleaning equipment.
5. Work with the public including basic customer service functions.
6. Operate various equipment as needed.
7. Clean storm system with confined space entry as assigned.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent certificate of competency; supplemented by two (2) years of experience in general construction, utilities maintenance, or related manual labor work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Possession of Water Distribution License, desirable.
Salary range: $28,591 - $42,887 DOQ/E. Excellent benefits. Open until filled. Submit resume to email@example.com
The Town of Surfside is an Equal Opportunity / Drug Free Workplace Employer. Veterans’ preference will be awarded under applicable Florida Law. All resumes are subject to Florida Public Records Laws.